2021 Induction and Activities — September 16-17, 2021
Michigan Technological University Presidential Council of Alumnae (PCA) members are recognized for personal and professional achievements in all facets of life, including education and career excellence and community involvement/volunteerism and current/previous relationship with Michigan Tech. Members meet annually on campus for activities that support the University’s strategic plan and focus on specific tasks at the request of the President.
Members of the Presidential Council of Alumnae enhance the University’s outreach on campus and off in countless ways, including:
- PCA Meetings/Events—Annual meetings feature networking opportunities between PCA members and interaction with Michigan Tech faculty, staff, and students
- Classroom Visits—Members are occasionally asked to be role-model speakers in Michigan Tech classes
- Corporate Recruiting Visits—Several PCA members return to Michigan Tech to recruit students and new graduates to work in their companies.
- Advisory Boards—Many members serve on corporate or other departmental advisory boards.
- Philanthropy—PCA members assist the Office of Advancement with fundraising initiatives, including support of the Presidential Council of Alumnae Scholarship program.
- Workshops/Seminars—PCA members lead seminars open to all members of the Michigan Tech community. Sessions cover topics ranging from opportunities in different industries to gender issues on the job to how to make the most of your time at Michigan Tech.
- Mentoring—PCA members attend the Society of Women Engineer's Dine With Industry event and Summer Youth Program’s Women in Engineering sessions to serve as role models and answer questions and provide insights.
- Visits with High School Students—PCA members carry the Michigan Tech message to high schools or college fairs in their areas.
- Alumni Events—Members attend a variety of Michigan Tech Alumni events, both on and off campus, including the annual Alumni Reunion and regional gatherings.