- Interim Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
- Professor of Ecology and Environmental Policy
- Director of Graduate Studies
- PhD, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Tennessee (2000)
- BA, Biology/Public Policy Analysis, Pomona College (1994)
Currently, Mayer serves as the Assistant to the Provost for Academic Equity and Inclusion, chairs the University Diversity Council and oversees the University Climate Study. She also serves as Michigan Tech’s institutional diversity representative for APLU, MASU and the King Chavez Parks program. In her new role, Mayer is responsible for leading all of the campus's diversity and inclusion initiatives, including the activities of the Diversity and Inclusion Tech Forward initiative.
Mayer is also a Professor of Ecology and Environmental Policy in the College of Forest Resources and Environmental Science. Her research focuses on sustainability science and conservation policy.