This page has been designed as a resource for current faculty and for academic administrative staff at Michigan Tech. Academic HR operates in cooperation with the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs office. To view open faculty positions, visit Employment Opportunities.
Faculty Activity Reporting
Information about annual curriculum vitae update process and activity reporting.
Research Centers and Institutes help to promote interdisciplinary work which involves faculty from several different departments on and off campus. Center Directors who are also tenure track faculty are expected to spend a minimum of 20% of their time during the academic year in support of center activities and administration. This effort is recognized as part of their service and research effort, and should be reflected appropriately in the departmental index.
Faculty Hiring & Changes
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: An appointment reserved for persons who have recently completed a doctoral degree and are engaged in research and/or teaching for a restricted period under the direction of a faculty mentor. Funding is usually from external sources. Initial appointments are for one to three years and renewable up to six years. Please utilize this link for more information.
Model Appointment Letters/ Tenure Track Faculty Hiring
Model Appointment Letters - Non Tenure Track
Promotion, Tenure and Review
Non Tenure-Track Promotions, Reviews, and Reappointments
- Checklist for Lecturer Ranks Promotions
- Non-Tenure Track (NTT) Lecturer Review and/or Promotion Recommendation
- Non-Tenure Track (NTT) Review and/or Reappointment
- Form L - Non-Tenure Track Faculty Review Recommendation
Tenure & Promotion Documents
- Faculty Review Process Timeline
- Faculty Checklist for Promotion and/or Tenure Recommendations
- Admin Checklist for Promotion and/or Tenure Recommendations
- Faculty Binder Outline
- Admin Binder Outline
- Form A - Faculty Appointment Recommendation
- Form B - Faculty Promotion and/or Tenure Recommendation
- Form E - Faculty Teaching Evaluation Summary
- Sample Tenure and/or Promotion Information Sheet for BOT
- Sample Draft Letter for Promotions
- Sample Reference Letter for Promotion (Assistant/Associate)
- Sample Reference Letter for Promotion (Associate/Professor)