Student Hiring

Student Employment Guide

The following information is an overview of the steps to hire a student employee.

A student is not able to start work until a form I-9 has been completed by both the student and the University representative, an EPAF has been processed, and all new hire documents have been completed and verified by the Department HR Processor.

Responsibilities of Department

Departments are responsible for processing the EPAF for the student employee and obtaining, completing, and submitting all necessary forms and documentation before the student begins work.  The following is an overview of the steps to add the student to the department's payroll.

Check WebFocus report HRREPT006B to find out if this student is a new, current, or non-active employee or if the student needs an I-9 review. To review Student Position Numbers please check WebFocus report HRREPT006C.

Student Employment Forms

New International Student Employees

If the new student employee is an international student, please refer to guidelines from the International Programs and Services site.  You can also contact IPS at 906-487-2160 or