Michigan Tech has three unions. Each union's contract sets forth terms and conditions of employment such as wages, hours, and working conditions. They establish the machinery for collective bargaining and promote orderly and peaceful labor relations between the University and it's employees.
Michigan Technological University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex and gender. Michigan Tech also prohibits retaliation against any person opposing discrimination or participating in any discrimination investigation or complaint process internally or externally. Reports of misconduct, questions regarding Title IX, and concerns about noncompliance should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator. For a complete copy of the policy or more information, please contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Assistant Secretary of Education within the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). https://www.mtu.edu/title-ix/
AFSCME (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees):
The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) represents Michigan Technological University's service and maintenance employees.
- AFSCME Contract 2022 (valid through December 31, 2022)
- Memo of Understanding - AFSCME LOA Contract Extension(Dec. 31, 2021)
- Memo of Understanding - AFSCME Bonus Program
- Memo of Understanding - Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP)
POA (Police Officers Association):
The Police Officers Association (POA) represents Michigan Technological University's police officers.
- POA Contract 2022 - 2025 (valid through June 30, 2025)
- Memo of Understanding - POA Contract Extension(Dec. 31, 2021)
- Memo of Understanding - POA Bonus Program
- Memo of Understanding - Work in Higher Classification
UAW (United Auto Workers):
The United Auto Workers (UAW) represents Michigan Technological University's office professionals.