The Faculty Handbook was developed by a joint steering committee of University Senate and administration representatives, with significant input from a variety of faculty task forces. This version represents the second (major) revision of the Handbook since 1989. The Handbook is intended to be a convenient reference tool for faculty, wherein most topics of particular interest to the faculty are contained. Official policy can be found in the Board of Trustees Bylaws and Policies and in the University Policies and Procedures Manual.
The information in this Handbook is subject to change by the appropriate University bodies. Updates to the Handbook will be made annually by Business Operations in consultation with the Provost's Office and the University Senate. The ultimate authority for all policy matters rests with the Board of Trustees.
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Michigan Technological University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex and gender. Michigan Tech also prohibits retaliation against any person opposing discrimination or participating in any discrimination investigation or complaint process internally or externally. Reports of misconduct, questions regarding Title IX, and concerns about noncompliance should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator. For a complete copy of the policy or more information, please contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Assistant Secretary of Education within the Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
- 08/14/2020 - Title IX policy statement added
- 05/10/2019 - Site title changed through concurrence of Senate/Provost's Office
- 07/23/2018 - To reflect title of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
- 08/17/2015 - To reflect name of new Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- 06/03/2015 - To reflect current University titles, "Board of Control" is now "Board of Trustees".
- 04/09/2015 - Annual Review: To reflect current practice, the email address for questions is now firstname.lastname@example.org. No changes made to content.
- 02/05/2014 - Updated Michigan Tech and Handbook banners, no changes made to content.
- 07/13/2011 - Annual Review: To reflect current University titles and practice, MTU is now Michigan Tech and the email address for questions is now hbwebmaster.