Medical careers start here.
Doctor. Physical therapist. Veterinarian. Prepare for the health field that interests you. (Even our Husky Athletics team doctor is a Michigan Tech alumnus.)
Get a strong foundation that will distinguish you from other applicants to highly selective programs in medicine, dentistry, veterinary studies, physical therapy, and more. Our placement rate for graduates into medical school is 60 to 70 percent (compared to the national average of 47 percent) and is nearly 100 percent for physical therapy school. Earn your degree in biological sciences, exercise science, biomedical engineering, chemistry, or any bachelor’s degree program at Tech. Then, work with your pre-health advisor to ensure you’re meeting milestones toward professional school.
Navigate the application process—faculty and staff are here to help. Meet academic requirements for health professional programs, get clinical experience, and give yourself the best chance for a successful application. Choose a STEM major that gives you the medical school admissions edge.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Conduct undergraduate research with faculty mentors in areas such as genetics, neurovascular control in humans, and cardiovascular disease.
- Participate in internships to gain practical experience in your field of interest.
- Shadow physicians at local hospitals, clinics, and veterinary clinics.
- Join Michigan Tech EMS, a volunteer student organization that assists local medical responders and provides medical certification training ranging from C-CERT to Medical First Response.
- Use state-of-the-art equipment for lab assignments, research, and projects in small classes where professors know you well enough to write a killer letter of recommendation.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Medical Practice
- Veterinary Practice
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Genetic Counseling
- Athletic Training
- Cardiac Rehab
Attend a Professional School Like:
- Michigan State University*
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Minnesota
- University of Iowa
- University of Michigan
- Central Michigan University*
- Ferris State University
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
"I was able to accomplish more during undergrad than I ever imagined. Consistently spending time in the lab over four years helped me form close relationships with my faculty mentors, which has been invaluable on my journey to medical school."
Choose your Path:
Earn your degree in biological sciences, exercise science, biomedical engineering, chemistry, or any bachelor’s degree program at Tech. Then, work with your pre-health advisor for your area of interest, including:
- Pre-Chiropractic Medicine
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Podiatric Medicine
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Sports Medicine
Take Courses Like:
- Exercise Physiology
- Cardiopulmonary Physiology
- Cancer Biology
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Human Nutrition
*An early assurance program allows you to apply to professional school a year ahead of schedule (and everyone else) for spots reserved just for Michigan Tech graduates.