Think Michigan Tech is all study hard and no fun? Nope. Actually, Huskies know how to have a great time. The campus is located on Michigan’s most beautiful playground—the Upper Peninsula—and borders the Keweenaw Waterway which connects to Lake Superior. Huskies spend a lot of time outside exploring, skiing, swimming, hiking, biking, and even dogsledding.
Favorite student activities include:
- Broomball and ice bowling—you have to see it to believe it.
- Playing along with the world-famous, one-of-a-kind Huskies Pep Band.
- Designing, duct-taping, and racing 50+ cardboard boats.
- Building world-record snowballs and snow statues during Winter Carnival (The Weather Channel comes up to cover the fun.)
- Checking out the Northern Lights (shimmering light shows are right outside your door.)