Study hard and play hard.
When they're not busy studying hard, Tech students know how to have fun. Our campus is located on Michigan’s most beautiful playground—the Upper Peninsula—and borders the Keweenaw Waterway which connects to Lake Superior. Huskies spend plenty of time outside exploring, skiing, swimming, hiking, biking, and even dogsledding.
Favorite student activities include:
- Broomball and ice bowling—you have to see it to believe it.
- Playing along with the world-famous, one-of-a-kind Huskies Pep Band.
- Designing, duct-taping, and racing 50+ cardboard boats.
- Building life-sized snow statues during Winter Carnival (The Weather Channel comes up to cover the fun.)
- Checking out the Northern Lights—shimmering light shows are right outside your door.