Degrees for What Tomorrow Needs
Get Ready to Run
Ready, set, mush! Huskies are ready to run. Are you? Get started now with the information you need to make your college decision an easier one.
Adventure of a Lifetime
Huskies aren't like everyone else—they lead the pack. Together, they strive for a better tomorrow. No matter where you're from, or what you contribute individually, you become part of something bigger at Michigan Tech. Find your passion, explore the world, try new things, and create the future with 7,000+ fellow Huskies in a place like nowhere else. Adventure is calling. Are you ready?
Visit Us and Explore
We're proud to call Houghton home. Experience a safe, friendly, small-town atmosphere in beautiful Upper Michigan. Michigan Tech is the perfect place to find your passion, explore the world, and try new things. See why Tech is where you belong during a weekday or Saturday visit, or at an annual Open House event held every summer.
#1safest public college in Michigan as ranked by Niche.com
5state and national parks within 50 miles
#8most beautiful small town in America as ranked by Architectural Digest
Apply for Admission and Financial Aid
Applying to Michigan Tech is free, easy, and online—and there's no deadline. Plus, you'll receive automatic consideration for merit scholarships.
- Submit your free application for admission. No letters of recommendation required.
- Provide additional required documents. What you need is based on whether you're a future first-year student, transfer student, or international student.
- No test scores required. If you have scores, we encourage you to submit them for maximum financial aid consideration.
- Apply for competitive scholarships. See scholarships available for in-state and out-of-state students. Some deadlines are as early as November 1 of your senior year.
- File your FAFSA. For the best chance at the most aid available, file by March 1 on the Federal Student Aid site and use our school code: 002292.
- Estimate your scholarship value and financial aid award. Use our Net-Price Calculator to see what you may qualify for.
$0to apply—FREE application for students
100%of admitted students considered for merit scholarships
90%of students receive some form of financial aid through scholarships, grants, and loans
Huskies Get Hired
Michigan Tech grads get jobs. Tech alumni have a five-year average placement rate of 93 percent within six months of graduation, and an average median early-career pay that ranks in the top 20 in the nation. Our annual Career Fair draws as many as 1,700 recruiters from up to 415 companies, agencies, and nonprofits who recruit Huskies for co-ops, internships, and full-time jobs.
Top 20in the nation with a median early-career pay of $71,000
#16Best Public College in the U.S. (Wall Street Journal)
#2Best Public College in the U.S. for Salary Impact (Wall Street Journal)
93%placement rate within six months of graduation
Michigan's Flagship Technological University