We're here to help with your decision.
Make finding the right school a little less stressful. Check out the top six things to consider when choosing a university.
Congratulations and welcome to the Husky family!
These five simple steps will keep you on track as you make your college decision. You can also download the Michigan Tech Welcome Brochure.
Log on to My Michigan Tech and your mtu.edu email
1. MyMichiganTech is your personalized Michigan Tech website designed to help with the next steps in the college decision process.
- If you were accepted prior to September 20, you will receive your acceptance packet and login information in mid-October. Access to MyMichiganTech is not available until this time.
- Use the username and password on the Account Details sheet included in your acceptance packet.
- Select the Change Password icon to set your official Michigan Tech password. You'll use this password to access MyMichiganTech and other campus computing resources, including your Michigan Tech email account.
- Select the Prospective Students tab to access your personalized Enrollment Checklist to help you stay on track to become a Husky.
For more information, or to request a password reset, contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 906-813-4035.
Pay Your Enrollment Deposit
2. Pay your $200 nonrefundable enrollment deposit as soon as possible to access the on-campus housing application (see Step 4) and guarantee your spot in the incoming class. Still making up your mind? Pay when you're ready, but before the due date listed below.
|Semester||Enrollment Deposit Due|
|Spring 2023 (January)||Due 30 days from acceptance|
|Summer 2023 (May or June)||Due 30 days from acceptance|
|Fall 2023 (September)||Due May 1|
Pay your deposit online through MyMichiganTech on your Enrollment Checklist, or, send a check or money order, and your Student ID number (M number) from your Account Details sheet, payable to:
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931-1295
Be Sure to Complete Your FAFSA
3. Start by filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Our Federal School Code is 002292. File as soon as possible and by the due dates listed below. FAFSAs processed after these dates will receive consideration for remaining aid.
|Semester||FAFSA to File||Begin to File||Due Date|
|Spring 2023||2022-23||As soon as possible||December 1, 2022|
|Summer 2023||2022-23||As soon as possible||April 1, 2023|
|Fall 2023||2023-24||October 1, 2022||March 1, 2023|
Although your social security number was not required when you applied to Michigan Tech, it is required for FAFSA filing purposes. To avoid delays in processing your FAFSA, please call the Admissions Office at 888-688-1885 to provide your social security number.
Apply for Housing
4. Residence hall applications can be submitted beginning in early January 2023 for the academic year starting in the fall. Complete and submit your residence hall application through HuskyHouse after your enrollment deposit has been received (see Step 2).
- Priority is given to students who find a match using Roommate Matching* (in order of the date and time matched in the system). *Open for fall applicants beginning May 1, 2023.
- After all students who used Roommate Matching are placed into housing, assignments are determined by the date the application is received.
All single students, other than transfer students (those who have graduated from high school and taken college classes following high school graduation) or commuting students living with a parent/guardian, must live on campus during their first year at the University. Students receiving merit-based scholarships through the Presidential Scholar, National Scholar, or Leading Scholar programs are required to live in University housing for their first two academic years.
Daniell Heights Apartments offer on-campus living options for upper-division and graduate students. See Residence Education and Housing Services for information and application details.
Transfer students interested in off-campus living can view a list of available properties at Michigan Tech Off Campus Housing.
- Update your mailing address or phone number.
- Change your major from the program you selected at time of application.
- Decline your acceptance—your notification will cancel your application for admission, as well as your housing application (if applicable). Any scholarships or financial aid awarded to you will also be canceled. In addition, you will stop receiving notifications and reminders from the University.
- Computing Device Requirement
- Financial Aid
- Facebook group for Michigan Tech Parents (unofficial group run by parents of current and prospective students)
- Student and Residential Life
- Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Campus Bookstore
- ALEKS Math Placement Assessment
An official final transcript is required within 30 days of your high school graduation. Your final transcript will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee to verify continued academic success during the period after that covered by the transcript used at the time of your acceptance to Michigan Tech. A significant decline in academic performance during your senior year may affect your enrollment status and, at the University's discretion, result in a revocation of your admission and any financial assistance awarded.
To be considered official, a transcript must be sent directly to Michigan Tech by the institution issuing the transcript, or from a transcript service such as Parchment. Transcripts stamped "issued to student" or those hand delivered, even if in a sealed envelope, are not acceptable.