Students sitting on campus.
Be a Husky.

Pay My Deposit

You're in! What's next?

We're here to help with your decision.

Make finding the right school a little less stressful. Check out the top six things to consider when choosing a university.

Congratulations and welcome to the Husky family! 

These simple steps will keep you on track as you make your college decision. 

Log on

Log on to your Husky Portal

1. Visit your Husky Portal to access your Michigan Tech username and set your initial password. Use your Michigan Tech login to access your student email and next steps. 

For more information, contact the Admissions Office at or call 888-688-1885.

Pay your enrollment deposit

2. Your $200 nonrefundable enrollment deposit guarantees your 
spot in the incoming class and provides access to the on-campus housing application (see Step 4). 

Pay My Deposit

Enrollment Deposit Due Dates
Semester Enrollment Deposit Due
Spring 2024 (January) Due 30 days from acceptance
Summer 2024 (May or June) Due 30 days from acceptance
Fall 2024 (September) Due June 1 

Log on to your Husky Portal to pay your deposit. If you prefer, send a check or money order (noting your Student ID number) to:

Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931-1295

Complete your FAFSA

3. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Our Federal School Code is 002292. File as soon as possible for the best aid opportunities. FAFSAs processed after these dates will receive consideration for remaining aid.

FAFSA Dates to Remember
Semester FAFSA to File Begin to File Due Date
Spring 2024 2023-24 As soon as possible December 1, 2023
Summer 2024 2023-24 As soon as possible April 1, 2024
Fall 2024 2024-25 December 1, 2023 March 1, 2024

If you've already filed a FAFSA, but did not have the results sent to Michigan Tech, visit the Federal Student Aid website or call 800-433-3243 to have the results released to us.

While not required when you applied for admission, your Social Security number (SSN) is required for FAFSA filing purposes. Avoid delays in processing your FAFSA—call the Admissions Office at 888-688-1885 to provide your SSN.

Apply for housing

4. Residence hall applications can be submitted beginning in January 2024 for the academic year starting in the fall. Complete and submit your residence hall application through HuskyHouse after your enrollment deposit has been received (see Step 2).

All students, other than transfer students or commuting students living with a parent/guardian, must live on campus during their first year at MTU. Students receiving merit-based scholarships through the Presidential Scholar, National Scholar, or Leading Scholar programs are required to live in University housing for their first two academic years.

See Residence Education and Housing Services for more information.

Notify us of changes

5. Email or call 888-688-1885 if you need to . . .

  • Update your mailing address or phone number.
  • Change your major from the program you selected at time of application.
  • Decline your acceptance—your notification will cancel your application for admission, as well as your housing application (if applicable). Any scholarships or financial aid awarded to you will also be canceled. In addition, you will stop receiving notifications and reminders from the University.

Helpful Links

Final Transcripts

An official final transcript is required within 30 days of your high school graduation. Your final transcript will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee to verify continued academic success after the time of your acceptance to Michigan Tech. A significant decline in academic performance during your senior year may affect your enrollment status and, at the University's discretion, result in a revocation of your admission and any financial assistance awarded.

To be considered official, a transcript must be sent directly to Michigan Tech by the institution issuing the transcript, or from a transcript service such as Parchment. Transcripts stamped "issued to student" or those hand delivered, even if in a sealed envelope, are not acceptable.

High school seniors: Request your final transcript through Parchment or contact your high school upon graduation and ask them to send us your official transcript showing your final grades and graduation date.
Transfer students: When you have completed all of your coursework at your previous institution(s), contact the registrar's office at each institution to request that an official transcript with final grades be sent to MTU.