Welcome to the College of Computing!
Established in 2019, the Michigan Tech College of Computing is the first, and only, academic unit in Michigan dedicated solely to computing, and one of only a handful such academic units in the United States.
The College of Computing is composed of two academic departments, the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Applied Computing. The College offers bachelor's, degrees master's degrees, and a Ph.D. degree. Certificate programs are offered by several programs. In fall 2023, 1,164 graduate and undergraduate students are enrolled in College of Computing degree programs.
State and National Outreach
The college is a State of Michigan EV Scholars partner, training the next generation of EV and mobility tech professionals. It is recognized by the National Security Agency as a Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (NSA CAE-CD). It is the recipient of multiple National Science Foundation grants to prepare the United States cybersecurity workforce, including the NSF CyberCorps Scholarship for Service undergraduate and graduate program and the NSF/NSA GenCyber program for K-12 students and teachers.
The College of Computing grant portfolio totals $12.0M, with 88 active grant-funded projects, which corresponds to to 3.1 grants per tenure-track faculty member. The college has 50 active National Science Foundation (NSF) grants, our largest and most frequent sponsor. 78.4% of College of Computing grants are associated with Michigan Tech's Institute of Computing and Cybersystems (ICC); 13.6% are associated with the Great Lakes Research Center (GLRC). View a selection of active College projects here.
College of Computing faculty and staff engage in dozens of outreach activities for K-12 students, underrepresented populations, community members, and computer geeks. Read more about College outreach here.
Computer Science Degree Programs
- Applied Computer Science (MS)
- Computational Science and Engineering (PhD)
- Computer Science (B.S.)
- Computer Science (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Cybersecurity (B.S., MS)
- Data Science (B.S., M.S.)
- Software Engineering (B.S.)
Applied Computing Degree Programs
- Computer Network and System Engineering (B.S.)
- Cybersecurity (B.S.)
- Electrical Engineering Technology (B.S.)
- Health Informatics (M.S.)
- Mechatronics (B.S.)
- Mechatronics (M.S.)
- Data Science Foundations
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare (Health Informatics)
- Security and Privacy in Healthcare (Health Informatics)
- Foundations of Health Informatics (Health Informatics)
- Public Health Informatics (Health Informatics)
- Automation and Controls (Mechatronics)
- Fluid Power (Mechatronics)
- Industrial Robotics (Mechatronics)