In the August 2015 PCAST (President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology) report, the working group and PCAST members chose to examine closely eight specific areas that are critical to the future of Information Technology—cybersecurity being listed first. The Center for Cybersecurity has two main goals. The first goal is to research in the highly critical areas of information security and biometrics, privacy protection, trusted software engineering, security in mobile computing and wireless communications. The second goal is to advance the practice and public awareness of cybersecurity through various education and outreach activities.
Michigan Tech is in the application process for the National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE – CDE).
- Computer Science System Group Labs
- College of Computing System Group Labs
- Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems (MIS), College of Business
- Information Security and Privacy
- Database Design
- Information systems/Technology Mgt.
- IT Based Project Management
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Information privacy
- Associate Professor of Management Information Systems, College of Business
- Business Process Analysis
- AI and machine learning for business
- Information Security
- Systems analysis and design
- Information security behavior
- Power and control
- Individual and organizational deviance
- Business applications for AI and machine learning