The School of Business and Economics Impact Scholarship recognizes resident and non-resident high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership experience and academic success both in and outside the classroom, and are planning to major in accounting, economics, engineering management, finance, general business, management, management information systems, or marketing.
Award value: One student will be awarded an annual scholarship equivalent to full-time resident tuition. Additional students will receive scholarships valued up to $7,000 per year. The awards are renewable for four years (eight semesters) of study.
Essay response: Write a one-page (300 word) essay addressing the following topic: "Studying business at a technological university provides students with unique opportunities to bridge the world of business with technology. How do you view the role of business, innovation, and technology as it relates to your career goals?"
Who Should Apply
Academically talented high school seniors (who are U.S. residents) planning to major in accounting, economics, engineering management, finance, general business, management, management information systems, or marketing are encouraged to apply. Students should be able to showcase leadership skills and experience as well as demonstrate the potential to succeed at Michigan Tech. In general, applicants should meet the following academic guidelines:
- 3.00 or higher cumulative GPA at time of application (on a 4.00 scale)
- ACT composite score of 23 or higher or a new SAT total score of 1140 or higher
How to Apply
- Complete the free online application for admission.
- Complete the Impact Scholarship application by creating a free account on SlideRoom and selecting Impact Scholarship Application | School of Business and Economics. Instructions are provided and student support is available from SlideRoom if you need help.
Application Deadline and Other Imporant Dates
- October 31: Impact Scholar applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time). You must also have an application for admission on file by this date.
- November 7: Finalists are selected and notified; applicants not selected as finalists will also be notified.
- December 9-10: On-campus competition for finalists and family members .
- January 7: Award recipients are notified.
What We Are Looking For
The scholarship committee is interested in getting to know you. Students will be evaluated on the content highlighted in their essay response, as well as on the way the information is conveyed. We want to get to know more about you how you see Michigan Tech contributing to your future success on campus and beyond.
Additional Scholarship Details
See our Financial Aid Impact Scholarship page for additional details.
If you have questions regarding the School of Business and Economics Impact Scholarship, contact Shannon Rinkinen at 906-487-3501, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.