The world requires innovation—now more than ever. We need new ideas from the next generation of smart thinkers—like you—to help shape our world and create the future.
Up to fifty applicants will be selected to visit campus to explore the Pavlis Honors College. Participants will receive a $1,000 annual award and be automatically enrolled in the Pavlis Honors Pre-admission cohort. Opt in to "pitch your mission" for a chance to upgrade to a $5,000 annual award. Awards are renewable for up to four years (eight semesters) of study.
Which of the nine Pavlis Honors Abilities do you believe will be most challenging for you, and why? What are some initial ideas you have about how to push yourself to grow in this area? Your response should be 500-1,000 words (maximum 5,000 characters) in length.
Who Should Apply
Academically talented high school seniors who are interested in enhancing their education outside the classroom through project management and leadership experiences, as well as those who demonstrate motivation, passion, and an innovative spirit, are encouraged to apply.
- Up to 50 applicants will be selected for a $1,000 annual award; students must attend the on-campus program and competition on February 29 to receive the award.
- Four students who choose to participate in the Pitch Your Mission competition will be selected to upgrade to a $5,000 annual award.
- Students selected as finalists will be automatically enrolled in the Pavlis Honors Pre-admission cohort.
Awards are renewable for four years (eight semesters) of study based on maintaining renewal criteria.
How to Apply
Pitch Your Mission
Students selected as finalists have the option to compete in a 90-second "Pitch Your Mission" during the on-campus event for a chance to earn an upgraded Husky Innovation Leaders Award of $5,000 per year. Your mission pitch should be based around an entirely original idea or process for addressing a challenge. Students must present their mission pitch outline at time of application and include the following components:
- What is the challenge you want to address?
- Why is it important?
- How will you shape your Michigan Tech experience to enable you to own this challenge and make a positive change?
Application Deadline and Other Important Dates
- January 20: Husky Innovation Leaders applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time). You must also have an application for admission on file by this date.
- By February 3: Finalists are notified via the application portal; applicants not selected as finalists will also be notified via the application portal.
- February 29: On-campus visit day for finalists and family members (required if you want to claim your scholarship) .
- Week of March 11: Pitch Your Mission award recipients are notified.
Additional Scholarship Details
Contact Alyssa Fredin in Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.