Open Enrollment is an annual opportunity to assess your individual or family needs. The Husky Flexible Benefit Plan will be starting in January 2021.
Note: Please revisit this page as more information will be added if it comes available.
Who should participate in Open Enrollment?
- All Benefit Eligible Employees
How do I start Open Enrollment?
- Open Enrollment begins November 16, 2020 and ends November 30, 2020
What can I do during Open Enrollment?
- Review and make changes to your benefit package for 2021
Contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Enroll in voluntary benefits for yourself and dependents
What if I don't complete Open Enrollment?
- If no action is taken, your 2020 elections will rollover to 2021 with the exception of HSA and FSA contributions. Completion of Open Enrollment is necessary to continue/start an FSA. HSA contributions can be adjusted/started throughout the calendar year.
What is the Husky Flexible Benefit Plan?
- Michigan Tech will be providing benefit eligible employees with subsidized medical plan options and an additional non- medical subsidy to use towards benefit options.
- Employees electing a medical plan will be able to enroll in one of the subsidized medical plans for themselves and for eligible enrolled dependents.
- All benefit eligible employees will receive a Non-Medical Subsidy to elect voluntary benefit options or receive as taxable income.
- The Subsidized, Non-Medical Benefits, for employee only, of Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Basic Life, AD&D, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Retirement Matching of up to 7.5% will be provided at no cost to employees.
What are my voluntary benefit options?
- Pre-Tax Benefits
- Husky Care PPO
- Husky Care HDHP1
- Husky Care HDHP2
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 403(b) Retirement Contributions
- Post-Tax Benefits
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Accident Coverage
- LTD Buy-Up - 70% pay replacement
- Critical Illness
- Additional Retirement contributions - 403(b) and (Roth)
What is changing for 2021?
Michigan Tech will be enhancing the plan design of the PPO plan to the following, with no change to the employee premium.
- There are no changes to the HDHP plans and all other benefits options remain the same.
- Michigan Tech will assume all premium increases for the Michigan Tech health plans.
Decreased Deductible for In-Network
Current :$2,000 / $4,000Enhanced in 2021: $1,500 / $3,000
Decreased Out-of-pocket for In-Network
Current: $3,000 / $6,000
Enhanced in 2021: $2,500 / $5,000
Decreased Coinsurance for In-Network:Current: 35%; deductible does not apply
Enhanced in 2021: 30%; deductible does not apply
Benefit Plan Year: January 1 – December 31, 2021
Enrollment Period: November 16 – November 30, 2020
HUSKY HEALTH NOTICE: Husky Health 2021 will introduce a new way to spend your Husky Health Incentive. Benefits eligible employees will be able to use their Husky Health incentive at approved outside vendors. Cash incentive payouts in 2022 will no longer be available as an incentive payout option.