Our RSO's host hundreds of events, large and small, during the academic year. These events allow organizations to engage with campus, strengthen bonds between members, and have fun! Here you will find some resources designed to guide you through the event planning process. It is important to remember that all RSO operations are subject to University Policy. Need help planning your next event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!
Publicizing Your Organization's Event
Registered student organizations may submit their meeting and event times as follows on Involvement Link:
- Log onto your Involvement Link page and click on "Events,"
- Then click on the "Create Event " tab at the top of the page.
- Student Leadership and Involvement will approve the event within 72 hours Monday-Friday so plan accordingly. *If approval is urgently needed, please call 906-487-1963 during business hours.
- Events entered into Involvement Link will be automatically imported into the Michigan Tech Events calendar system each night.
The Student Scoop
The Student Scoop are sent out on Friday's of the academic year and as needed during the summer.
- If you'd like to post an event, please email email@example.com by 12 p.m. Thursdays.
- Include WHO, WHAT (detailed description), WHEN, WHERE, contact information, and a jpg (MAX size 2MB) of a poster if your have one.
On Campus Fliers and Posters
Student Organizations may distribute posters and fliers on campus by following the Posting Matrix. Copies of the posting matrix can also be picked up at Student Leadership and Involvement during open hours.
Local Media Outlets
You can your event in the community through the local media outlets listed below:
Daily Mining Gazette