Registered student organizations may submit their meeting and event times on Involvement Link.
- Log onto your Involvement Link page and click on "Events",
- Then click on the "Create Event" tab at the top of the page.
- Student Leadership and Involvement will approve the event within 48 hours Monday-Friday so plan accordingly. *If approval is urgently needed, please call 906-487-1963 during business hours.
- Events entered into Involvement Link will be automatically imported into the Michigan Tech Events calendar system each night.
Please note: Edits made to events on Involvement Link will not automatically be adjusted in the University Calendar.
Campus Newsletters and Media Outlets
The Student Scoop blog is sent out each Wednesday during the academic year and as needed during the summer. If you'd like to post an article or share an upcoming event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 p.m. Tuesday.
Please include a headline, detailed description (who, what, when, where, contact information for questions), and jpg or png (MAX size 2MB) of a poster/image if you have one. More information can be found here.
If you would like to subscribe to the Student Scoop as a non-student, please email us at email@example.com.
Deliver your message directly to the Michigan Tech community by appearing in the school newspaper! Learn more on the Lode’s “Advertise with Us” webpage.
Table tents are a low-cost advertising method to reach a large number of students, staff and faculty with announcements about current events. Tents must be approved by Dining Services staff.
- Design your table tent. Make sure it is non-discriminatory and not on lime green paper (this color is only used for memorial union and residence hall information). Be sure you include your organization or department name on it.
- Submit your table tent for approval in one of the following ways:
- Email a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Table Tent’ and your organization or department name in the subject line
- Drop a hard copy off in the Memorial Union and Dining Services Office, Room 101
- After receiving approval, you can print your table tents. Quantities and locations to copy and deliver to are: Keweenaw Commons,120; DHH, 35; McNair, 50; and Wads, 97. Total: 302
- Place your table tents, one per table. Table tents in each location are recycled every weekend and in the Commons when an event is scheduled there.
RSO’s have several printing options on campus:
- Utilize standard HuskyPrint services through IT. Black and white printing is free. There is a cost associated with color printing.
- Utilize the on-campus printshop following this simple guide.
Print in MUB 106. A full color copier is available for use on projects under 50 pages. Black and white copies are 10 cents. Color copies are 25 cents. Email email@example.com for your RSO’s personalized code in order to use the printer.
Each weekend Film Board shows a slide show with advertisements prior to that weekend’s movie. Advertisements are sold on a slot basis for both slide and video advertisements. Learn more on the Lode’s “Advertise with Us” webpage.
Student groups can share graphics on the screens located in the Library and the Residence Halls at the discretion of those departments. Submissions to the library can be made on their “Digital Signage Request Form.” Submissions to the residence halls can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to include the start and end date, your organization name, and attach the graphic. The preferred formatting/size for digital displays is a standard power point slide (16:9).
The University Marketing and Communications team offers a thorough field guide for the use of social media accounts. We recommend using it for suggestions and ideas for your own social media platforms. They also allow university groups to utilize their platforms by request, such as creating a video for Tik Tok.
Student Organizations may reserve promotional tables to promote their organization, conduct fundraisers, or distribute information.
To reserve a table in the residence halls, students may visit the Residence Education and Housing Services Office in 153 Wadsworth Hall or complete the online reservation form.
To reserve a table in the Memorial Union Building, students should visit https://www.mtu.edu/vems/ to check for availability and make an online reservation.
To reserve a table in Fisher Hall, students can stop in the Physics Office in room 118 Fisher, call 906-487-2086, or email email@example.com.
Local Media Outlets
Looking to expand your scope outside of the university community? Consider marketing with local media outlets!