An Afternoon on the Town
An Afternoon on the Town is a Michigan Tech event that invites local businesses/services to welcome our students and show them what they have to offer. All area businesses and groups are invited to participate!
An Afternoon on the Town will be held on Saturday, August 27, 2022. Come prepared with information, materials, offers, deals, and handouts to let the college students know you are interested in their patronage. Students participate to win prizes and receive giveaways.
This event is sponsored by: Student Leadership and Involvement, Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success, and Residence Education and Housing Services.
Information for Students:
Afternoon on the Town
Starting on campus, down College Avenue, and throughout the downtown Houghton area there will be music, refreshments, giveaways, and prizes for student participants. Students will be entered to win prizes after tapping their ID's at BOTH tapper locations on their route. Details of the 2022 event will be added soon, but check out our participants from 2021 on the map below!
Click the button below to see what the Keweenaw area has to offer!
Information for Businesses:
Registration information for An Afternoon on the Town will be announced by the end of June. Check back for event details soon!
- There is no registration fee.
- The registration deadline will be Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- This is your opportunity to connect with the students of Michigan Tech.
- Allow students to get to know the services that are within distance of their new home in the Keweenaw!
- Advertise services, specials, and what makes your business/group unique.
- You are asked to please refrain from selling any type of food or merchandise at your table.
If you would like to provide food samples please refer to this website for permits, rules and regulations set forth by the Health Department: https://www.wupdhd.org/resources-for-food-establishments/
- Please remember to respect noise ordinances.
- Each business is responsible for cleaning up their space after the event.
Questions? Please contact Student Leadership and Involvement at email@example.com
or call 906-487-1963.
See you at An Afternoon on the Town!