All Registered Student Organizations must follow the guidelines set forth in the RSO Travel Policy and complete the RSO Travel Google Form. You will need to complete the following forms within the google form: Husky Motors Vehicle Request Form (only if you are requesting a vehicle from Husky Motors), Travel Policy Form, and Travel Itinerary Form.

Below, you will find a helpful timeline, information on the use of Husky Motors, and rules pertaining to travel in personal vehicles.

RSO Travel Planning TImeline

Husky Motors Vehicle Rental

Registered Student Organizations are given the ability to rent vehicles from the University. RSOs must:

The use of any University vehicle is restricted to the conduct of official University business. If a student organization uses a university vehicle, the auto insurance is provided by Michigan Tech.

There are three ways to pay for a Husky Motors Reservation:

  • Charge your organizational budget provided by USG from the Student Activity Fee
  • Be sent an invoice to be paid with funds collected externally such as club dues, fundraisers, etc.
  • Charge another university account that is supporting your student group (academic departments, university offices, etc.)

If you have further questions about these options, please give us a call at 906-487-1963.

Visit Husky Motors for more information including rates, restrictions, and Travel FAQs.

Travel By Personal Vehicle

RSO members traveling in personal vehicles are subject to the insurance limits carried by the car owner’s auto insurance. The individual driver is responsible for the insurance coverage and the University does not provide any coverage for vehicles not owned by the University.