Michigan Technological University registered student organizations, academic and administrative departments, students, and community members are permitted to post on designated bulletin boards. Please see the posting matrix (color/b&w) for more information and a complete list of posting locations. (Copies are also available in the Student Leadership and Involvement Office in room 112 of the Memorial Union Building.)
Posters are not permitted to be hung on trees, in stairwells, fire doors, or any other locations that are not specified on the posting matrix or as a designated posting area. Posters must meet the following criteria:
- Posters may not exceed a size of 11” x 17”
- The name and contact information of the sponsoring Registered Student Organization (RSO), department, enterprise, or name of the member of the Michigan Tech or community must be clearly indicated
- The Posting Matrix (color/b&w) must be followed and only one poster is permitted to be placed per bulletin board for each event
- New posters are not permitted to be hung over other active posters
- Posters must be removed from boards within 3 days after the event by the person or organization who placed them
- DO NOT destroy, deface, or tamper with other organization’s posters
This procedure is in reference and support of the Board of Trustees Policy.
Table tents are permitted in the dining areas of the Keweenaw Commons (MUB), Douglass Houghton Hall, McNair Hall, and Wadsworth Hall. Please see Dining Services’ page on Table Tents for more information.
University Identity Standards
When creating posters, table tents, presentations, and any other media, registered student organizations are encouraged to be familiar with and utilize the policies and resources provided by University Marketing and Communications (UMC). An editorial guide is available as are downloadable Michigan Tech logos, PowerPoint backgrounds, and more. UMC has also created University Identity Standards for Student Organizations, and each organization is encouraged to review this document prior to producing any posters or media.