Michigan Technological University registered student organizations, academic and administrative departments, students, and community members are permitted to post on designated bulletin boards. Please see the posting matrix (color/b&w) for more information and a complete list of posting locations. (Copies are also available in the Student Leadership and Involvement Office in room 112 of the Memorial Union Building.)
Posters are not permitted to be hung on trees, in stairwells, fire doors, or any other locations that are not specified on the posting matrix or as a designated posting area. Posters must meet the following criteria:
- Posters may not exceed a size of 11” x 17”
- The name and contact information of the sponsoring Registered Student Organization (RSO), department, enterprise, or name of the member of the Michigan Tech or community must be clearly indicated
- The Posting Matrix (color/b&w) must be followed and only one poster is permitted to be placed per bulletin board for each event
- New posters are not permitted to be hung over other active posters
- Posters must be removed from boards within 3 days after the event by the person or organization who placed them
- DO NOT destroy, deface, or tamper with other organization’s posters
- University entities (not student organizations) are required to include the Equal Opportunity Tagline on all advertisements
This procedure is in reference and support of the Board of Trustees Policy.
Table tents are a low-cost advertising method to reach a large number of students, staff, and faculty with announcements about current events for groups affiliated with Michigan Tech. Table Tents are intended for the promotion of individual events, not consecutive or routine marketing.
Tents must be approved by Husky Eats following the policy and steps listed below.
- A maximum of five table tents will be approved each week on a first-come, first-served basis at the discretion of Husky Eats. Priority will be given to one-time events.
- Available slots by week are viewable on our Table Tent Tracker and approvals are only for a one week slot.
- It may take up to 2 business days for review and approval, please plan accordingly.
- All table tents in each location will be recycled if there is an event that necessitates clearing the tables and every Friday.
- Design your table tent, maximum allowed size is on 8.5” x 11” paper folded. Be sure to include your registered student organization or department name on it. University entities (not student organizations) are required to include the Equal Opportunity Tagline on all advertisements.
- Submit your table tent for approval via email as a PDF to email@example.com with ‘Table Tent’ and your organization or department name in the subject line. Please indicate which week you are requesting to display your table tent.
- After receiving approval, you can print your table tents. Quantities and locations where table tents are permitted are at the MUB Keweenaw Commons, (See permitted table map) 59; Food Hall at Douglass Houghton Hall, 35; The Eatery at McNair, 50; and The Food Hall at Wadsworth Hall, 97. (Total of 241)
- Place your table tents, one per table. All table tents in each location will be recycled if there is an event or every Friday.
Husky Eats and the Memorial Union Building are actively seeking alternative sustainable options to table tents for event advertising. This policy is subject to change. Thank you for your cooperation.
University Identity Standards
When creating posters, table tents, presentations, and any other media, registered student organizations are encouraged to be familiar with and utilize the policies and resources provided by University Marketing and Communications (UMC). An editorial guide is available as are downloadable Michigan Tech logos, PowerPoint backgrounds, and more. UMC has also created University Identity Standards for Student Organizations, and each organization is encouraged to review this document prior to producing any posters or media.