The mission of the LIFT Center is to serve the research and scholarship activities of the Pavlis Honors College. As described in the college’s mission, the Pavlis Honors College will work in partnership with the campus community to:
- identify and provide opportunities for ALL motivated students to enhance their education;
- foster an inclusive and supportive environment built on high-quality, lasting relationships;
- challenge and guide students to take ownership of their education through transformational learning experiences; and
- emphasize integrative and interdisciplinary learning and empower students to design their unique contribution through engagement, reflection, leadership, and innovation.
The purpose of the LIFT Center is to serve as a catalyst for the development of research and scholarship to enable the creation, delivery, assessment, and dissemination of educational programs that engage students in integrative and interdisciplinary learning. These programs empower students to design their unique contribution through engagement, reflection, leadership, and innovation across disciplinary boundaries.
Current core focus areas for transformational educational are:
- project-based learning and design education,
- entrepreneurship and innovation,
- global engagement,
- service-learning, and
- research scholarship
Specific Programs Supported by LIFT
- Innovation Center for Entrepreneurship
- Pavlis Institute
- Peace Corp Prep
- Summer Undergraduate Research (SURF)
- Undergraduate Research Internship Program
LIFT is a subcenter of the Research and Innovation in STEM Education Institute (RISE).