Mission: The institute will serve as a focal point at Michigan Tech for activities related to Aerospace Engineering. Specifically, the institute will:
- Enable world-class research
- Foster undergraduate and graduate educational programs
MARC will serve as a home for all aerospace engineering related activities, and will work across university units in support of these activities. These activities include:
- Seminar series: we will host a regularly-occurring seminar series to focus on aerospace engineering research/education projects on campus. These seminars will catalyze collaborations and provide researchers/students with opportunities to showcase their work.
- MARC leadership team meeting: The MARC leadership team (defined below) will meet as needed to discuss resources, proposal opportunities, and technical issues. Student team support: MARC will provide support (technical guidance, resources if available) to aerospace engineering related student teams. Examples of these student groups includes the Aerospace Enterprise, Mining Innovation Enterprise, and the SAE Aero team.
- Research support: MARC will provide resource support (when available) to aerospace engineering related research projects on campus, particularly those that are supervised by institute members.
- Aerospace minor: In conjunction with the Department of Mechanical Engineering– Engineering Mechanics, the institute will help administer the Aerospace Minor. Specifically, the MARC leadership team will provide curricular guidance and help develop aerospace engineering-related technical electives for the minor.