Statement of Purpose
A significant number of faculty at Michigan Tech conduct research involving applied mathematics and statistics. There is also an increasing need for statistical consulting across the campus and from the community. The purpose of the Center for Applied Mathematics and Statistics (CAMS) is to foster collaborations among mathematicians, statisticians, scientists and engineers, provide statistical consulting for Tech faculty/students and the community, train undergraduate and graduate students, and, mostly importantly, pursue interdisciplinary proposals for external funding where computational mathematics and applied statistics play essential roles.
The mission of CAMS is to promote interdisciplinary research among mathematicians, statisticians, scientists, and engineers, and provide statistical consulting service for Michigan Tech and the community.
Statistical Consulting Service for Summer 2022
CAMS will continue to provide free statistical consulting to the Michigan Tech research community for summer 2022. The purpose of this service is to foster collaborations between members of CAMS and researchers from other centers, departments and colleges at Michigan Tech.
Please contact the following Department of Mathematical Sciences faculty:
- Fan Di at email@example.com
- Byung-Jun Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ray Molzon at email@example.com
- Kui Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xiao Zhang at email@example.com
Each of their research areas can be found on the department's Faculty and Staff Directory.
What we do:
- Help with experimental design (including power analysis and sample size determination).
- Help with data analysis with appropriate and clean data sets.
- Provide guidance and suggest statistical methods for data analysis and visualization.
- Provide guidance on appropriate statistical language for manuscripts.
We expect further collaborations to be established after the initial consultations, resulting in joint manuscripts, publications and/or grant collaborations.