Open Enrollment is an annual opportunity to assess your individual or family needs. The Husky Flexible Benefit Plan will be starting in January 2020.
Who should participate in Open Enrollment?
- All Benefit Eligible Employees
How do I start Open Enrollment?
- Open Enrollment begins November 15, 2019 and ends December 2, 2019
- Open Enrollment Instructions
What can I do during Open Enrollment?
- Review and make changes to your benefit package for 2020
Contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Enroll in voluntary benefits for yourself and dependents
What if I don't complete Open Enrollment?
- If no action is taken, your 2019 elections will rollover to 2020 with the exception of HSA and FSA contributions. Completion of Open Enrollment is necessary to continue/start an FSA. HSA contributions can be adjusted/started throughout the calendar year.
What is the Husky Flexible Benefit Plan?
- Michigan Tech will be providing benefit eligible employees with a Medical and a Non-Medical Subsidy to use towards benefit options.
- Employees electing a medical plan will receive the Medical Subsidy for themselves and for eligible enrolled dependents to go towards the premium cost of the medical plan selected.
- All benefit eligible employees will receive the Non-Medical Subsidy to elect voluntary benefit options or receive as taxable income.
- The Subsidized, Non-Medical Benefits, for employee only, of Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Basic Life, AD&D, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Retirement Matching of up to 7.5% will be provided at no cost to employees.
What are my voluntary benefit options?
- Pre-Tax Benefits
- Husky Care PPO
- Husky Care HDHP1
- Husky Care HDHP2
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 403(b) Retirement Contributions
- Post-Tax Benefits
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Accident Coverage
- LTD Buy-Up - 70% pay replacement
- Critical Illness
- Additional Retirement contributions - 403(b) and (Roth)
Benefit Plan Year: January 1 – December 31, 2020
Enrollment Period: November 15 – December 2, 2019
Date: November 19, 2019
Note: Sue Kerry, CFO/Senior Vice President for Finance will provide a financial overview prior to the Benefits Forum
|Date: November 25, 2019
Time: 2-3 p.m.
Location: MEEM 112
|View the November 19 Informational Forum recording here|