Prepare To Lead
Management professionals are confident, analytical problem solvers with well-developed interpersonal skills. They are responsible for strategic planning, decision-making, maximizing the strengths of their employees and teams, and leading companies and organizations to success.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Learn a broad base of practical people and leadership skills.
- Become familiar with managing teams under rapidly changing circumstances.
- Gain project management competency and are able to effectively manage a deliverable.
- Understand changes in markets and technologies to strategically gain competitive advantage.
- Compete (and win!) regional and national competitions via academic clubs and organizations.
Michigan Tech’s management major offers a range of skills, including managing people, projects, and navigating change. Our two concentrations—entrepreneurship and supply chain and operations management—allow students to specialize and define their own career paths.
Make a business plan, stay on top of innovation trends, and launch disruptive business ideas. Practice pitching to a client or a funding agency. Gain experience collaborating in an entrepreneurial team in our senior-level Business Development Experience.
Supply Chain and Operations Management
Tackle complex business operations problems in challenging environments including effectively managing the material and communications flow across the supply network. Michigan Tech Supply Chain and Operations Management students prepare to work for major international corporations by learning operations management, procurement, logistics, project management, and Six Sigma fundamentals.
Don’t Just Learn—Do:
Our future operations managers placed in the top four at the West Michigan Project Management Institute project plan competition for seven consecutive years, the only school to do so. Our future entrepreneurs gain real-world experience developing and presenting a business plan for a Senior Design or Enterprise project and by participating in pitch competitions to receive funding for their startups.
"My professors are very helpful about giving advice and sharing their experiences in the business world. I landed an internship in a government role after my very first year because one of my professors recommended me."
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Account Management
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Public Relations Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Ford Motor Company
- Quicken Loans
- Department of Defense
- Liberty Mutual Group
Customize your Degree:
- Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Global Business
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Organizational Behavior
- Team Dynamics and Decision Making
- Procurement and Supply Management
- Global Operations Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Management