English is a degree for students who can think critically and read, write, and communicate effectively. You’ll learn research and writing skills and strategies enabling you to analyze and report on the language and texts of others, as well as create original, meaningful texts of your own. You will be well prepared for graduate work or for a career in publishing, industry, law, business, or government.
Customize your degree with:
Minors available in
- Communication Studies
- Diversity Studies
- Ethics and Philosophy
- Media Production
- Modern Languages--French, French International, German, German International, Spanish, Spanish International
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Take courses like:
- Literary Theory and Criticism
- Literature and Science
- Literature Across Borders
Get hands-on experience like:
- Collaborating with students on reading, writing, and oral presentations in our Multiliteracies Center
- Learning from world-class faculty in small classes, allowing you to know your professor on a first-name basis
- Getting involved with the CinOptic Communication and Media Enterprise -- a student-run business team that works to design products such as marketing materials, websites, and more for clients at Michigan Tech and around our community.
- Incorporating cutting-edge technology into a liberal arts education.
- Writing or working for the Michigan Tech Lode or other campus publications
Get a job like:
- Social Media Community Manager
- Marketing Researcher
Work for companies like:
- School Districts