Defend the Digital Frontier
Make it your business to defend data, web, and communication systems from cyber-criminals, hackers, malware, and viruses. Assess, plan, design, and implement cybersecurity defenses. Learn how to construct a safer internet from the ground up.
Few fields are growing and changing faster than Cybersecurity and the future needs agile, capable, and forward-thinking experts to stay ahead of malactors and respond to threats with precision, speed, and skill. It could be you!
Customize your Degree:
Concentrations available in:
Software Security—This concentration focuses on creating rich and technically advanced software that's designed for security from initial concept through deployment. And, from the other side, students are trained to detect, find, and fix vulnerabilities in existing software and applications.
System and Network Security—Hands-on and multi-layered, this concentration puts you at the helm of safeguarding IT systems and infrastructure as you work to secure computer systems and networks from a range of internal and external threats. This concentration involves a high degree of competency in defense strategies, security policies and controls, detecting emerging threats, and performing critical functions within a secure enterprise environment.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Provide ethical hacking for real clients in the IT Oxygen Enterprise.
- Play hack-and-defend "capture the flag" in class, where you create your own secure network, then try to hack your classmates' networks as they try to hack yours.
- Networking, both with computers and other cybersecurity students, in national cybersecurity competitions.
Create the Future with Careers like:
- Cybersecurity response specialist
- Cybersecurity engineer
- Information analyst
- Forensic analyst investigator
- Ethical hacker/penetration analyst
- Application security specialist
- Information security engineer
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- US Department of Defense
Take Courses Like:
- Cyber Ethics
- Cyber Security
- Digital Forensics
- Network Administration
- Security and Privacy