Make sound amazing. Make amazing sounds.
Sound program grads from Michigan Tech work worldwide in the industry— just like the faculty who prepare you for your career.
When you think audio production and technology, think system design, system installation, and the technical elements of sound. You’ll take courses in music and theater production while getting a foundation in electrical engineering technology or computer science to emphasize the technical aspects of audio production. Upon graduation, you’ll have the versatility to work with audio as it evolves.
24/7 studio access you don’t find at other schools. Design and calibrate sound systems for live events. Program custom audio software. Mix and master. Produce. Summer internships with major companies like Disney, Marvel, and Cirque du Soleil move your resumé to the top of the pile.
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Producing a 20-minute radio drama your first semester and mix a new multi-track recording every week during your second semester
- Working on a large-scale live production during your third year
- Developing and doing production work for video game sound or sound for film.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Sound System Design
- AV Systems Integration and Installation
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Ferrari Theme Park
- Universal Studios
- Musical Tours
"You propose your own project, and work on something you are truly interested in. This helped me learn acoustics, manufacturing, and prototyping concepts. I was involved in designing cost-effective acoustic diffusers. Classes like this inspire creativity, and dive into the topics that help you choose a career."
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Music (concentrations are available in general music, music technology, and jazz idiom)
- Music Composition
- Music Performance
- Technical Arts
- Theatre Arts
Take Courses Like:
- The Physics Behind Music
- Intellectual Property Management
- Drafting for the Entertainment Industry
- Transducer Theory