Applications are being accepted for the 2021-22 academic year. No test scores are needed for domestic students. Students may also apply for competitive scholarships without test scores. Official SAT or ACT scores, or an essay, are required for merit scholarship consideration.
First-year students are those who have completed their junior year of high school or have graduated from high school or earned their GED (or other high school equivalency), and have not taken college classes following high school graduation. If you completed college courses while in high school or are part of an early/middle college program, you’re considered a first-year student.
Michigan Tech gets applications from across the country and around the world. We'd love to get yours. Go ahead, apply. It’s free, easy, and online.
How to Apply
- Application for Admission: Our free first-year application is available online.
- Official High School Transcript: Have your counselor send us an official copy of your transcript or request to have your transcript sent to us through a service such as Parchment. Your transcript must show grades through your junior year.
- Official SAT and/or ACT Test Scores: Students applying for fall 2021 admission do not need to submit test scores (homeschool students may be required to submit official test scores or submit other documentation). Official SAT or ACT scores, or an essay, are required for merit scholarship consideration. Our SAT code is 1464; ACT code is 2030. Michigan Tech accepts SAT or ACT scores and has no preference to which scores students submit; students receive equal consideration with either set of scores. If you have taken, or have the opportunity to take the SAT or ACT, we strongly encourage you to provide official scores as they will be used for merit scholarship consideration, as well as future course placement.
- Supplemental Information (Optional): If you'd like your counselor to share information with us regarding your high school academic performance, print the High School Counselor Information page and have them submit it directly to our Admissions Office. You can also use this page to have your test scores sent to Michigan Tech at no cost to you. If you choose to send any letters of recommendation or additional materials, they will be reviewed along with your application.
- Students Majoring in Visual and Performing Arts: You may need to submit additional application materials including essay responses and, for some majors, examples of creative work.