Undergraduate Admissions

Transfer Students

Health sciences students.

You are a transfer student if you graduated from high school AND took at least one college course following high school graduation (even if you did not complete the course or received a grade that did not demonstrate your best work). Students enrolled in an early/middle college program are considered first-year students for admission and scholarship purposes.

How to Apply

  1. Application for Admission: Our free application is available online. You will use the Undergraduate—Domestic and International application. Be sure to list all colleges you took courses at in the College Information section.
  2. Official College Transcript(s): Have your official college transcript(s) sent directly to the Admissions Office from the college(s) you attended.
  3. Official High School Transcript: If you have not earned an associate's degree or higher at the time of application, please submit an official copy of your high school transcript. If you have earned an associate's degree or higher at the time of application, you can skip this step.
  4. Students Majoring in Visual and Performing Arts: You may need to submit additional application materials including essay responses and, for some majors, examples of creative work.

Apply Now

Transfer Guides

If you're thinking of transferring to Michigan Tech from a two-year community college, our transfer guides will help. They are designed to provide you with an outline of classes that can be taken at a variety of community colleges. You are not required to complete all of the classes listed on the guide before enrolling at Michigan Tech.

Transfer Equivalency

Transfer equivalency listings of classes from many schools are also helpful—especially if you don't see your school listed in the transfer guide system. Changes occasionally take place at Michigan Tech and at other colleges, so the information provided is subject to change.

Transfer Services

Transfer credit is granted for appropriate courses completed off-campus with a grade of C or better. If you are a current or former Michigan Tech student, review the information provided by Transfer Services.

Transfer students have access to virtually the same array of financial aid as incoming first-year students, as well as some scholarships just for transfer students. Students who have earned 60 or more credits, including transfer credit, credit earned through early college or dual enrollment, or AP, IB, or CLEP will be charged upper-division tuition. See cost of attendance for details.