The recommended start and end dates for contractual graduate students are as follows:
Academic Year 2021-2022
- Fall 2021: 08/22/2021 - 12/25/2021 (18 weeks)
- Spring 2022: 12/26/2021 - 04/30/2022 (18 weeks)
- Summer 2022: 05/01/2022 - 08/20/2022 (16 weeks)
Academic Year 2020-2021
- Fall 2020: 08/23/2020 - 12/26/2020 (18 weeks)
- Spring 2021: 12/27/2020 - 05/01/2021 (18 weeks)
- Summer 2021: 05/02/2021 - 08/21/2021 (16 weeks)
Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs)
- The Graduate School does not approve EPAFs for hourly (P541H) graduate students.
- All EPAFs for graduate students are due in the Graduate School for approval by noon
on Friday of the first week of the pay period.
- Once approved by the Graduate School, EPAFs will be forwarded to the appropriate department (Sponsored Programs Accounting for approval or Payroll Services for processing).
- If at all possible, please put students on payroll for the entire year.
- If semester by semester, please notify the student that the amount of their check could change depending on the semester in which they are working because semesters vary in length.
- If a student is set up for the entire year and only works for one semester, it is very important to notify Payroll Services immediately as this could result in an overpayment.