Every effort is made to maintain high academic standards and adequate living facilities at the lowest possible cost to you, the student. Educational expenses for nine months will vary according to your personal needs, program, and degree.
2023–24 Estimated Graduate Expenses
|Lab and Course Fees (estimated)||$57||$57||$0||$114|
|Books, Materials, and Equipment (estimated)||$300||$300||$100||$700|
|Loan Origination Feed||$79||$79||$79||$237|
|Housing and Foode||$6,502||$6,502||$6,502||$19,506|
|Personal Expenses (estimated, includes health insurance)||$1,040||$1,040||$1,040||$3,120|
- Tuition total ($1,228 per credit) is based on 9 credits per semester.
- Students who are candidates are assessed tuition at $460 per credit hour for nine research credits. These students may register for courses in addition to research credits. Tuition for courses is assessed at the full, regular rate.
- Any courses taken online incur an additional fee of $38 per credit hour.
Required fees per semester, for on-campus students, include:
- Fall Activity Fee—$50
- Spring Activity Fee—$50
- Summer Activity Fee—$10
- Experience Tech Fee—$80 per semester (not assessed in Summer)
- The loan origination fees estimated above are only charged to those students receiving federal loans.
- Room and Board estimates assume students live in Michigan Tech Apartments (two-bedroom/double occupancy) using the Gold Meal Plan. Costs may vary depending on your situation.
* A student who is enrolled for one credit during the summer semester is considered full time.
Note: International students will be assessed a $250 per semester surcharge (excluding summer semester). Newly admitted international students who are enrolling at Michigan Tech for the first time will be assessed an additional, one-time, $100 international graduate student enrollment surcharge.