Michigan Tech is a premier technological university of international stature. Our alumni have successfully demonstrated that they have the skills and experience necessary to address the needs of a complex and rapidly changing world. Because our graduates are like no other, Michigan Tech enrolls a large number of international graduate students who want to make a difference.
Programs & Costs
The Graduate School at Michigan Tech has one tuition rate—international students do not pay an “out-of-state” or international tuition rate. Academic year tuition and fees are provided on our Cost of Education page. Admitted students can find information regarding courses, registering for classes, paying student bills, and more on our Resources for Admitted Students page.
- In most cases, international students residing overseas are not eligible for our
- Please refer to our authorization page for a list of countries where we can offer online education.
- International students cannot pursue a graduate certificate on campus unless they are also pursuing a graduate degree.
- International students are typically not eligible for non-degree seeking status unless otherwise authorized through participation in a negotiated agreement. However, students with active F1 status at another institution are eligible to take a limited number of online courses at Michigan Tech as non-degree seeking students. F2 dependents are also eligible to apply for non-degree seeking status.
Following acceptance, international students will need to submit a Certificate of Finances Form to show proof of funding. International students seeking F1 visa status must guarantee that they have adequate funds for their educational and living expenses while in the United States. All funds listed must be documented by official bank statements and/or funding letters. For more information on acceptable and non-acceptable sources of funds, see page three of the Certificate of Finances Form.
Incoming students who seek to travel with their dependent spouse or child(ren) must complete the Dependent Information section of the Certificate of Finances Form. Students must also provide a copy of each dependent's passport to email@example.com before dependent I-20s will be issued. For more information about bringing dependent family members to the United States, visit the Bringing Family to the United States page.
In addition, international students transferring from another institution in the United States must complete an I-20 Transfer Form in order to maintain F1 status.
Further information for accepted international students can be found on the Resources for Admitted International Students page.
For express shipping of Visa paperwork Michigan Tech partners with eShip Global to send your immigration documents through FedEx or UPS. DHL pick-up is unavailable at our university's location.
- To request express shipping, you must first create an account with eShip Global.
- Request your shipment by choosing the "Receive" option with your account.
- You must provide your Michigan Tech ID (M number), mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information.
- Select Graduate School as the recipient of the mailing labels.
- You will receive a tracking number when you submit your request, which will allow you to track the status of your shipment on the eShip Global web site.