The forms don't work. What should I do?
All Graduate School forms may be completed in newer versions of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader (v9 or higher). If you are experiencing problems try:
- Switching to a different browser. Currently, Internet Explorer is recommended.
- There are known incompatibility issues with Firefox v19, Chrome, Preview (the PDF reader on a macintosh) and Linux machines.
- Students who click on a form link and receive the message, "Please wait.... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of your document..." have an incompatible browser or plug-in.
- Saving the file to your hard drive and open with the newest version of Acrobat Reader rather than clicking on the link and opening in your browser.
- Right-click or option-click the hyperlink
- Save the form on your hard drive.
- Open the file directly from Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Reconfiguring your browser to open PDF files using a compatible plug-in. Firefox users
may reconfigure their browsers using the instructions below:
- Select Tools...Options from the menu bar
- Select the "Applications" tab in the pop up window
- Search for and select "Portable Document Format (PDF)" in the Content Type list
- Select "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)" as the Action
- Press "OK"
TDR-Review is provided as a sample for your information and does not allow data entry, since the Graduate School completes and returns this form for you.
I have an academic hold. What do I do?
I have an advanced RCR hold. What do I do?
Online and coursework students may complete an online course. For approval and instructions, please contact the Office of Compliance, Integrity, Compliance, and Safety.
You can check MyMichiganTech for your training status.
I have an alcohol/sexual health training hold. What do I do?
All graduate students who started their degree in summer 2015 or later must complete must complete an online Sexual Assault Prevention course in their first semester or a hold will be placed on their account. Please check your degree completion timeline on MyMichiganTech for your current training status and links to the online training site.
For additional assistance, please contact email@example.com.
I have a basic RCR hold. What do I do?
All graduate students must complete basic responsible conduct of research (RCR) training in their first or second semester. To remove the hold, complete the online RCR training.
I have a beyond time limit hold. What do I do?
Graduate students must complete their degree in a timely manner. Students who are beyond the time limit for their degree will have a hold placed on their account.
To release the hold, your advisor will need to email the following to the Graduate School:
- the reason(s) why an extension is needed
- the length of extension requested
- a plan for you to complete your degree within the extended time including a discussion of specific milestones to be reached at specific times if applicable
- a statement that the coursework is still relevant and applicable to the degree
I have a Graduate School hold. What do I do?
Please contact the Graduate School (4th floor Administration building or 906-487-2327) for more information.
I have an inactive hold. What do I do?
Graduate students must maintain continuous enrollment to pursue their degrees. Students who are inactive after a fall or spring semester will have a hold placed on their account. To become an active student:
I have a medical hold. What do I do?
I have a missing advisor hold. What do I do?
All graduate students, including those in coursework only programs, must appoint an advisor for each degree they are pursuing prior to registering for their third semester.
- Coursework students may email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your degree option and have your graduate program director as your advisor.
- All other students must submit the Advisor and Committee Recommendation form to the Graduate School .
Please check MyMichiganTech.mtu.edu at any time for your current status.
I have a missing degree hold. What do I do?
Every graduate student must provide proof of all degrees they have earned to the Graduate School in their first semester. To release the hold, bring or mail your original proof(s) of degree to the Graduate School. Faxes, scans, or emails are not sufficient for this requirement.
I have a proprietary rights agreement hold. What do I do?
All graduate students must complete the Patent, research and proprietary rights agreement in their first semester. Please go to your Student Checklist or Degree Completion Timeline on MyMichiganTech to complete the agreement and release the hold. The hold will be released within 15 minutes of submitting the agreement.
If you are unable to complete the agreement due to an existing agreement with an employer, please contact the Graduate School for assistance.
I have a test score copies hold. What do I do?
Every graduate student must provide their official test score report(s) prior to enrollment. To release the hold, bring or mail your official test score report(s) to the Graduate School. Faxes, scans, or emails are not sufficient for this requirement.
I have an unpaid insurance hold. What do I do?
All graduate students must either purchase the University policy or provide proof of similar coverage. Please contact the Student Insurance office with any questions.
I have a workspace cleanout hold. What do I do?
All graduate students must submit the Graduate student workspace cleanout form on MyMichiganTech when they leave Michigan Tech or complete a degree program. To remove the hold, submit the completed form on MyMichiganTech.
For additional assistance, please contact the Office of Research Integrity, Compliance, and Safety.
I have a hold not listed on this page. What do I do?
Your status area on MyMichiganTech lists all of the holds on your account. Click on the question mark icon next to that section to learn more about who to contact for your hold.