All Graduate School forms work best in the software that created them. PDF forms work best in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader; DOCX files work best in Microsoft Word. If your browser doesn't display a form when you click on the link, your browser is using an incompatible plug-in to open the file. IT has created a service desk article illustrating several ways to open PDF forms. If you are experiencing problems try:
- Saving the file to your hard drive and open with the newest version of Acrobat Reader rather than clicking on the link and opening in your browser.
- Right-click or option-click the hyperlink
- Save the form on your hard drive.
- Open the file directly from Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Reconfiguring your browser to open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat or Reader. See the IT support article for instructions.
Online and coursework students may complete an online course. For approval and instructions, please contact the Office of Compliance, Integrity, Compliance, and Safety.
You can check MyMichiganTech for your training status.
All graduate students who started their degree in summer 2015 or later must complete must complete an online Sexual Assault Prevention course in their first semester or a hold will be placed on their account. Please check your degree completion timeline on MyMichiganTech for your current training status and links to the online training site.
For additional assistance, please contact email@example.com.
All graduate students must complete basic responsible conduct of research (RCR) training prior to week 7 of their admission semester. To remove the hold, complete Orientation to Graduate Studies and Research on Canvas.
Graduate students must complete their degree in a timely manner. Students who are beyond the time limit for their degree will have a hold placed on their account.
To release the hold, your advisor will need to email the following to the Graduate School:
- the reason(s) why an extension is needed
- the length of extension requested
- a plan for you to complete your degree within the extended time including a discussion of specific milestones to be reached at specific times if applicable
- a statement that the coursework is still relevant and applicable to the degree
Please contact the Graduate School (4th floor Administration building or 906-487-2327) for more information.
Graduate students must maintain continuous enrollment to pursue their degrees. Students who are inactive after a fall or spring semester will have a hold placed on their account. To become an active student:
All graduate students, including those in coursework only programs, must appoint an advisor for each degree they are pursuing prior to registering for their third semester.
- Coursework students may email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your degree option and have your graduate program director as your advisor.
- All other students must submit the Advisor and Committee Recommendation form to the Graduate School .
Please check MyMichiganTech.mtu.edu at any time for your current status.
Every graduate student must provide proof of all degrees they have earned to the Graduate School in their first semester. To release the hold, bring or mail your original proof(s) of degree to the Graduate School. Faxes, scans, or emails are not sufficient for this requirement.
All graduate students must complete the Patent, research and proprietary rights agreement in their first semester. Please go to your Student Checklist or Degree Completion Timeline on MyMichiganTech to complete the agreement and release the hold. The hold will be released within 15 minutes of submitting the agreement.
If you are unable to complete the agreement due to an existing agreement with an employer, please contact the Graduate School for assistance.
Every graduate student must provide their official test score report(s) prior to enrollment. To release the hold, bring or mail your official test score report(s) to the Graduate School. Faxes, scans, or emails are not sufficient for this requirement.
All graduate students must either purchase the University policy or provide proof of similar coverage. Please contact the Student Insurance office with any questions.
All graduate students must submit the Graduate student workspace cleanout form on MyMichiganTech when they leave Michigan Tech or complete a degree program. To remove the hold, submit the completed form on MyMichiganTech.
For additional assistance, please contact the Office of Research Integrity, Compliance, and Safety.
Your status area on MyMichiganTech lists all of the holds on your account. Click on the question mark icon next to that section to learn more about who to contact for your hold.