The recommended start and end dates for contractual graduate students are as follows:
Academic Year 2019-2020
- Fall 2019: 08/25/2019 - 12/28/2019 (18 weeks)
- Spring 2020: 12/29/2019 - 05/02/2020 (18 weeks)
- Summer 2020: 05/03/2020 - 08/22/2020 (16 weeks)
Academic Year 2018-2019
- Fall 2018: 08/26/2018 - 12/29/2018 (18 weeks)
- Spring 2019: 12/30/2018 - 05/04/2019 (18 weeks)
- Summer 2019: 05/05/2019 - 08/24/2019 (16 weeks)
Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs)
- The Graduate School does not approve EPAFs for hourly (P541H) graduate students.
- All EPAFs for graduate students are due in the Graduate School for approval by noon
on Friday of the first week of the pay period.
- Once approved by the Graduate School, EPAFs will be forwarded to the appropriate department (Sponsored Programs Accounting for approval or Payroll Services for processing).
- If at all possible, please put students on payroll for the entire year.
- If semester by semester, please notify the student that the amount of their check could change depending on the semester in which they are working because semesters vary in length.
- If a student is set up for the entire year and only works for one semester, it is very important to notify Payroll Services immediately as this could result in an overpayment.