Employees have a general obligation to safeguard and make appropriate use of University property and equipment either assigned for individual work use or as part of a shared or public area.
This obligation includes, but is not limited to:
- Exercising reasonable care in use to prevent damage and maintain good condition
- Using reasonable security measures to prevent theft or misuse
- Reporting lost, stolen, damaged or otherwise impaired property or equipment
- Notifying the department equipment coordinator when capital (tagged) equipment is moved to a new location or when changes are made to equipment components
- Using and maintaining property in accordance with University and sponsor requirements and reporting improper use
- Ensuring that all required and necessary safety guards and systems are in place and properly functioning before use