In Fall 2019, the Department of Computer Science joined the newly formed College of Computing.
- 15 Tenure-track/Tenured
- 4 Lecturer Track
- Computer Science BS: 433
- Computer Science MS: 26
- Computer Science PhD: 28
- Software Engineering BS: 86
- Cybersecurity (new in Fall 2019) MS: 4
New Degree Programs
- BS Cybersecurity
- MS Cybersecurity
- BS Mathematics and Computer Science
- Yakov Nekrich, Associate Professor
- PhD University of Bonn
- Areas of Expertise:
- String Algorithms
- Compressed Data Structures
- Computational Geometry
- 2020 NCWIT Extension Services Transformation (NEXT) Award Honorable Mention for significant progress in recruiting and retaining women.
- An ITiCSE Working Group report co-authored by Dr. Linda Ott was named a finalist for Top Working Group report in the conference’s first 25 years.
- Successful ABET accreditation visit for CS and SE BS degree programs.
- Dylan Gaines, National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Award
- The MTU RedTeam ranked 13th out of 162 teams in a 24-hour Cybar OSINT Capture The Flag (CTF) cybersecurity competition.
- Onder, S., SHF: Medium: Collaborative Research: Statically Controlled Asynchronous Lane Execution (SCALE), NSF
- Vertanen, K. D., Kuhl, S. A. CHS: Small: Rich Surface Interaction for Augmented Environments, NSF
- Vertanen, K. D., CHS: Small: Collaborative Research: Improving Mobile Device Input for Users who are Blind or Low Vision, NSF
- Chen, B., SaTC: CORE: Small: Collaborative: Hardware-Assisted Plausibly Deniable System for Mobile Devices, NSF
- Cai, Y., Chen, B., Van Wagner, T. A. GenCyber Teacher Camp at Michigan Tech, NSA
- Chen, B., EAGER: Enabling Secure Data Recovery for Mobile Devices Against Malicious Attacks, NSF
- Havens, T., Machine Learning for Human-Based Visual Detection Metrics, Signature Research Inc.
- Havens, T., Duty Cycle Aggregation, Warranty Mitigation, and Fleet Prognostics using Customer Usage Data, Ford Motor Company
- Watkins, D. W. Wallace, C. R., Handler, R. M., Schelly, C. L., RAPID: COVID-19 Consumption and Multi-dimensional Analysis of Risk (C-CAR), NSF
- Scarlett, S. F, Pastel, R. L., Trepal, D. J., Lafreniere, D. J., Digital Accessibility Upgrades for Archival Records in the Keweenaw Time Traveler, US Dept. of the Interior