Michigan Tech students aren’t just smart—they’re prepared. And graduating from one of the nation’s top technological universities opens a lot of doors. Where you earn your degree really does make a difference.
Here’s why Michigan Tech is a crazy smart choice:
- Michigan Tech ranks in the top 20 for early career pay among public universities in the US. Currently, our graduates earn a median starting salary of $66,400.
- Our placement rate for undergraduates is 92 percent (meaning they are employed within their field of study, enlisted in the military, or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation).
- Michigan Tech's Fall Career Fair is one of the largest in the country. Including both Fall and Spring Career Fairs last year, 415 companies traveled to campus from around the world seeking Michigan Tech students from all academic disciplines.
- The average salary for students in co-op positions is $20.74 per hour.
- Michigan Tech ranks No. 18 in the US for Best Return on Investment, according to BestColleges.com.
Want to know more? Check out our Career Services to find out why so many companies want to hire Huskies.
My Michigan Tech: Andrew Miscimarra
Andrew Miscimarra, an undergraduate civil engineering major and Pavlis Honors College student talks about why he chose civil and Michigan Tech. The short answer? He loves the area and that he's helping get clean water to people in Tanzania and Guatemala.
My Michigan Tech: Maya Geiselhart
Maya Geiselhart, an undergraduate environmental engineering major, talks about choosing Michigan Tech. The short answer? Outdoor labs in snowshoes, collaborating with her peers and professors, and feeling encouraged to chase and reach her goals.