Measure stream velocity. Count the birds. Get outside.
If you feel a connection with the outdoors, you’ll feel at home in Michigan Tech’s internationally ranked (Top 6) program.
Develop the skills and training necessary to solve twenty-first-century natural resource challenges while managing ecosystems and renewable resources. You’ll gain the knowledge, expertise, and perspective necessary to address complex environmental problems that relate to renewable natural resources through course work in natural resources ethics, conservation, social sciences, economics and business, and biogeochemistry.
One hour in the classroom, the rest of the day outdoors. Explore soil, geology, weather, and climate. Learn chainsaw handling and practical timber measurement. Take waypoints and design maps.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Participate in a 14-week field semester in our 4,609 acres of research forest.
- Work with students from a variety of departments across campus for courses centered in social sciences and the College of Business.
- Use state-of-the-art equipment and technology for lab assignments, research, and projects.
- Work alongside faculty through the Earn and Learn Assistantship, offered to all accepted students.
- Study in one of the largest contiguous forested areas in the eastern United States, where your classroom is literally out your back door.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Natural Resource Management
- Outdoor Education
- Environmental Science
Huskies Get Hired By:
- USDA Forest Service
- Department of Natural Resources
- Department of Environmental Quality
- Natural resources and environmental consulting firms
"One of my favorite experiences at Michigan Tech was my semester at fall camp. That semester in the field taught me so many new skills that I have been able to take with me into my current work experience."
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Plant Biotechnology
- Plant Sciences
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Natural Resources, Ethics, and the Environment
- Biometrics and Data Analysis
- Outdoor Recreation and Tourism
- Forest Resource Management