Speak the language of innovation.
Math and code go hand in hand. Set yourself up for a successful and fulfilling future with a degree that combines two of the fastest-growing career fields in the world. With a strong foundation in both mathematics and computer science, you’ll be ready to meet the needs of tomorrow’s tech demands.
Use mathematical models to solve concrete problems, and take your computational know-how to a new level in one of the top-ranked computer science programs in the country—with a 98 percent job placement rate. Exponentially increase your performance in an environment that celebrates curiosity, inquiry, and all things nerdy. Participate in first-year research explorations led by your academic advisor. Conduct undergraduate research with faculty mentors in areas including statistical genetics, computational mathematics, machine learning, architecture, human-centered computing, and programming languages.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Engage in interdisciplinary work across the fields of mathematics and computing, benefiting from faculty and resources in both disciplines
- Get support—or get paid to be a tutor and help fellow Huskies in our Math and College of Computing Learning Centers
- Collaborate on a team software project
- Join Copper Country Coders and teach area kids how to code, or join an Enterprise Team like Blue Marble Security to work with real clients on real projects
Create Tomorrow with Careers In:
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Information Security Analysis
- Operations Research Analysis
Huskies Get Hired By:
- School Districts
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Software Engineering
- Human-centered Computing
- Programming Language
Take Courses Like:
- Predictive Modeling
- Times Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Formal Models of Computation
Learn more about Mathematics and Computer Science at Michigan Tech!