Advance human health research and preventative care.
Help patients rehabilitate after injuries and athletes perform at peak. Michigan Tech’s program has more than tripled its human health research funding in four years.
Exercise science gives you skills to empower others to restore physiological health or promote wellness. You’ll receive a strong scientific basis for disease and injury prevention and will be well prepared for allied health careers in areas such as fitness, nutritional or athletic coaching, physical therapy and rehabilitation, or treating and preventing disease through traditional or alternative medicine.
Dive into a program oriented toward science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Explore the disciplines that underpin human physiology, the mechanics of human movement and motor learning. Gain in-depth understanding of exercise science, kinesiology, and integrative physiology.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Participate in an internship to gain more practical experience in a field of interest.
- Conduct undergraduate research on sleep deprivation and neurovascular control in humans.
- Prepare to go on to medical or physical therapy school, where our acceptance rate for medical and physical therapy school is over 90 percent for each field.
- Use state-of-the-art equipment in our new exercise science teaching lab, exercise physiology research lab, and motor control research lab.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Physical Therapy
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Athletic Team Coaching
- Occupational Therapy
- Athletic Training
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Cardiac rehabilitation facilities
- Athletic teams
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Graduate school
"I chose Michigan Tech for the amount of opportunities, small class sizes, and high-placement rates post-graduation. I stayed at Michigan Tech because of its tight-knit community; there is truly no other university that could compare to the experiences that Michigan Tech provides you with."
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Coaching Fundamentals
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Physiology
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Motor Learning and Control
- Sports Psychology