Estimate, bid, and schedule. You’re in charge.
Fast-paced, intense, with a $60,000+ starting salary, begin your career focused on building and commercial construction with training at Michigan Tech.
A degree in construction management prepares you to take charge of building projects, from industrial buildings and roads to homes and hospitals. You’ll focus on building and commercial construction while learning the basics of surveying, utility systems, construction, materials, and sustainable building practices to meet your clients’ needs and help conserve scarce resources.
Experience counts. Work on real projects through internships and co-ops. Work in the trades as part of your summer job.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Learn on top industry software, such as Revit 3D Architectural Design.
- Partner with the Houghton County Energy Team to compete in the Georgetown University Energy Prize--a five million dollar award to the community that sees the greatest reduction in energy cost during the two year competition.
- Develop business and communication skills that are critical to completing projects on time and under budget.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Construction Management
- Construction Technology
- Field Engineering
- Project Management
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Embridge Energy
- Marathon Petroleum
- The Boldt Company
"In my senior project, the professor pushed me and my group to complete things, like bids and designs, in short time periods just like in the real world of construction."
Customize your Degree:
Focus areas available in:
- Commercial construction
- Heavy civil construction
- Industrial construction
- Residential construction
Take Courses Like:
- Site Planning and Development
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Construction Equipment Management
- Sustainable Construction