Engineer networks. Fend off hackers.
Programming to cyberethics, get wired for success. Michigan Tech prepares you for a career in nearly any computer-related field. Median starting salary $65,000, 95 percent job placement rate.
As a CNSA major, you’ll learn to build and troubleshoot computer networks and manage massive databases effectively and securely. You’ll graduate ready to work in one of today’s most challenging and exciting careers: computer network design and security. Focus your studies on computer/network security, technical operations management, or network engineering.
Get 24-hour access to the hardware configuration and security network programming lab. Learn storage and system architecture, programming languages and protocols. Acquire the skills you need to head straight to a fulfilling job.
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Providing infrastructure and IT services for real clients in the ITOxygen Enterprise
- Playing hack-and-defend “capture the flag” in class; create your own secure network, then try to hack your classmates’ networks as they try to hack yours
- Networking, both with computers and for yourself, in the Association of Information Technology Professionals
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Network engineering
- Application development
- Enterprise business system direction
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Cerner Medical
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- US Department of Defense
"My colleagues are consistently impressed with all of my background knowledge and my ability to hit the ground running. After working in the field, it’s obvious to me that the CNSA program is light years ahead of most schools."
Customize your Degree:
Focus areas available in:
- Network and systems administration
- Network and systems engineering
- Systems and network security
- Technical operations management
- VoIP engineering
Minors available in:
- Data Acquisition and Industrial Control
Take Courses Like:
- Network Security Engineering
- New Technologies Seminar
- Project Management
- Database Management