Make the breakthroughs.
From cleaner energy to greener processes, be part of scientific breakthroughs in health, environment, and consumer goods. Michigan Tech’s chemical engineering program ranks 9th out of 150 nationwide.
Chemical engineering is one of today’s most versatile engineering fields. From environmental to energy to medical, countless fields rely on chemical engineers. You’ll design safe, sustainable, and economical equipment for large-scale chemical or biological manufacturing plants or protect the environment by inventing cleaner technologies or modeling the environmental impacts of chemical processes.
Get concept-to-market experience in the Consumer Products Enterprise Group. Learn in a three-story simulated chemical plant. Work a co-op—90 percent of Huskies in this major do.
"I loved chemistry throughout high school, and wanted to take my passion and apply it to solving real-world problems."
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Design, build, and test a malaria detection microdevice.
- Conduct research on how to best use rice straw as feedstock for the production of biofuel.
- Gain real world experience using our state-of-the-art Unit Operations Lab.
- Get involved with a student Enterprise team such as the Alternative Fuels Group or Consumer Product Manufacturing.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Process Engineering
- Manufacturing Production Engineering
- Quality Control Engineering
- Project Management
Huskies Get Hired By:
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Automotive Manufacturers
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Alternative Energy Technology
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Minerals Processing
- Polymer Science and Engineering
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Chemical Plant Operations Lab
- Polymer Chemistry
- Particle Technology