Smartphones to smart homes, software is everywhere.
Focus on practical and technical aspects in a high-demand profession—Michigan Tech's program ranks 9th in the nation.
Software engineers design and develop software applications and systems. Recently named one of the best jobs by CareerCast.com based on work environment, physical demands, outlook, income, and stress, our software engineers graduate ready to work on technologies for automobiles, aviation, telecommunications, robotics, defense, toys, biomedical instrumentation, and sound design—just to name a few.
Develop teamwork skills working on Enterprise teams that collaborate with businesses and industries. Identify software problems and formulate solutions. Design products to meet specific needs.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Design, develop, and evaluate interfaces to make daily work more efficient and easier to manage in the Human Interface Design Enterprise.
- Develop applications to be used by real consumers in the Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction–Design and Implementation course.
- Compete in the BonzAI Brawl, an all-day artificial intelligence programming competition.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Applications engineering
- Project management
- Quality assurance engineering
- Software development
- Software engineering
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Control-Tec, LLC
- Jackson National Life Insurance
"Participating in the opportunities at Tech has increased my self-confidence and public speaking skills. Working for Ford in their internship program helped me, too. I hope to work on autonomous vehicles at Ford after I graduate. When I leave, I know I'll miss the people and being outside in the Upper Peninsula."
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Computer Science
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Computer Organization
- Human-Computer Interactions
- Software Processes and Management
- Model-Driven Software Development
- Systems Programming