Define problems. Find solutions.
Math is the language of science, business, and industry—it’s loud and clear at Michigan Tech. Learn in a computing-centric environment and be ready for internships, jobs, or graduate school.
Why study math? A degree in mathematics will prepare you for graduate school or a career in a mathematics-based field, such as business, computer science, engineering, teaching, and just about every branch of science. Specialize your studies in actuarial science, applied and computational mathematics, discrete mathematics, and general mathematics.
Conduct research with faculty mentors in statistical genetics, computational mathematics, combinatorics, and mathematical modeling.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Participate in mathematical research through a first-year explorations course taught by your academic advisor.
- Conduct undergraduate research with faculty mentors in areas such as statistics, statistical genetics, computational mathematics, combinatorics, and mathematical modeling.
- Use your math smarts as a coach in the Math Learning Center which provides peer tutoring for students across campus.
- Learn in an environment with an emphasis on computing to better prepare you for internships, jobs, and graduate school.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Actuarial Science
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Towers Watson
- School Districts
Customize your Degree:
Concentrations are available in:
- Actuarial science
- Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Business Analytics
- Discrete Mathematics
- General Mathematics
Minors are available in:
Take Courses Like:
- Complex Variables
- Actuarial Mathematics
- Abstract Algebra
- Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos