Difficult to predict the future? Create it.
Marketers play a vital role in our tech-driven economy and strategic marketing is critical to business success. Marketers assess the wants and unmet needs of present and potential customers, manage product offerings, determine prices and pricing strategies, and develop multi-channel distribution strategies.
The marketing major at Michigan Technological University is designed for creative thinkers who want firsthand experience running real projects that matter. BS in Marketing students master the most- needed and emerging business skills in the digital age—marketing data analytics, digital marketing, consumer behavior and culture research, integrated marketing communications and strategy, technology sales, and global marketing.
"Marketing is essential to build brand awareness and help businesses become successful. I love getting to use my creative and technical sides."
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Develop marketing plans for new products and formulate a marketing-mix strategy for product commercialization.
- Use marketing data analytics and Google analytics skills to make data-driven decisions to create customer value.
- Learn and practice advertising, public relations, sales promotion, point-of-purchase, and direct marketing and how they are developed, implemented, and evaluated in an integrative manner.
- Provide marketing strategies by understanding consumer behavior and culture.
Tomorrow Needs Tech-Smart Marketers
Students in the Michigan Tech chapter of the American Marketing Association participate in marketing competitions for professional development and travel nationwide to network with alumni working in the field.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Public Relations
- Market Research
- Brand Management
- Event Planning
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Dow Chemical
- Ford Motor Company
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Global Business
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Consumer Behavior
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research
- Business to Business Marketing
- Global Marketing