Oversee network security. Direct internet operations.
Understand both technological and business opportunities. Average job offers before graduation: three to four. Average starting salary: $65,000+.
Management Information Systems blends technology, working with people, and business processes and management. You’ll provide technological support within companies and organizations, working directly with people to solve problems and create solutions. You could oversee network security, direct Internet operations, or develop and manage IT projects.
Technology is embedded in the curriculum. Entrepreneurial experiences, too. Compete in regional and national competitions. Work with real companies on student Enterprise teams.
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Joining the IT Oxygen Enterprise Team to work with industry partners--like Target Corporation--on the development of mobile apps and computer infrastructure
- Pitching your business or technology idea and competing for start-up funding during the New Venture Competition
- Gaining real-world experience by working with students across campus for the Business Development Experience where you’ll develop and present a business plan for a Senior Design or Enterprise project
- Visiting Silicon Valley over spring break. You’ll travel to the heart of the tech business world and tour companies like Google and Cisco as well as meet with successful entrepreneurs.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Business Systems Analysis
- Software Development
- Specialist Data Network Analysis
- Network Administration
Huskies Get Hired By:
- BNSF Railway
- BOSS Snowplow
- Heartland Business Systems
- Department of Defense
- Stryker Instruments
"Michigan Tech prepared me for the daily challenges I face today, by giving me the tools I need to problem solve and think outside the box."
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Global Business
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Business Database Management
- Business Intelligence
- Quantitative Problem Solving
- Web Programming
- User-Centered Design