The past runs deep in the Keweenaw’s veins.
Archaeology, anthropology, and natural sciences are integrated into the curriculum on our STEM-infused campus bordered by Keweenaw National Historical Park.
Michigan Tech’s history curriculum is adaptable to your personal interests, blending traditional history coursework and many specialized subjects for an excellent liberal arts education. You’ll choose an area of historical focus and study what you're most passionate about, such as American or European history, the history of technology, environmental history, or industrial archaeology and history.
Use WebGIS tools to overlay historic maps, aerial photos, and remote sensing imagery, including ground-penetrating radar. Learn to use the databases and tools in the Michigan Tech Archives.
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Working closely with nationally-known faculty to cross disciplinary boundaries for more innovative thinking
- Conducting field research during the archaeology summer field school, where you’ll work alongside faculty and graduate students
- Using the well-equipped archaeology lab to get experience in the processing and classification of artifacts
- Conducting your own undergraduate research project through the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Governmental administration
- Historical preservation
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Law firms
- US Government
- Schools and universities
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- American Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Historical Studies
- International Studies
- Law and Society
- Social and Behavioral Studies
Take Courses Like:
- American Government and Politics
- World History Since 1500
- Topics in American History
- History of Science